- There is a definite relationship between good dress habits, good study habits, and good school behavior with a successful educational experience. A person demonstrates maturity and good judgment by choosing clothes appropriate for the occasion.
- To help insure that our students are not distracted by certain dress or grooming of a student, the school will require appropriate personal grooming. Extreme hair color or extreme hairstyles will not be permitted.
School Dress Standards
- Clothes should be neat, clean, safe, and reveal good taste.
- Due to potential health and safety problem, students must wear shoes. Flip flops will not be permitted.
- Shirts and blouses must meet the top of the pants or skirt. Tube tops will not be permitted.
- T-shirts designed with low-cut armholes, see-through shirts or blouses, tank tops, or revealing tops of any kind must be worn with an appropriate cover shirt or undershirt. Shirts and blouses that show cleavage will not be permitted.
- Clothing, badges or patches with suggestive phrases, slogans, obscene or questionable printing or pictures will not be permitted. Any clothing advertising tobacco, drugs, or alcoholic beverages will not be permitted.
- Clothing must be no shorter than the tips of the fingers while standing, arms and fingers extended by our side. NO HOLES WILL BE PERMITTED IN JEANS OR SHORTS.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn in school unless prescribed by a physician to be worn indoors for medical reasons.
- Hats, hoods, headbands are not permitted to be worn during the school day. If hats are worn to school they are to be left in lockers or they will be confiscated.
- Only tops with a two-inch strap will be permitted. No halter tops or backless garments will be permitted.
- Students are not permitted to wear jeans/shorts that expose undergarments.
- Wraparound skirts must be pinned. Button-up skirts must be buttoned up. Tight fitting sweat or bikers wear are not acceptable.
- Tight fitting stretch pants or shorts such as: Yoga pants, tights, leotards are not permitted-lunch detention.
The faculty will evaluate the appropriateness of the attire and refer inappropriate attire to the dress standards discipline procedure.
Dress Standards Discipline Procedure
Students will receive three lunch detentions for the first dress code infraction. The second infraction may be Saturday School.